Illuminate Lightshow & Santa's Village
10th Anniversary Sweepstakes
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Illuminate Lightshow & Santa's Village 10th Anniversary Sweepstakes, which consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) with one (1) prize (collectively, the “Promotion”), as further indicated in Section 6, is open only to permanent legal residents of the contiguous (48) United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding New York, Florida, and Rhode Island, who are at the time of entry (i) at least eighteen (18) years of age with a valid driver license, (ii) physically located and residing therein, and a (iii) current or past customer of Illuminate Lightshow and Santa's Village. This Promotion excludes Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions. In order to win any prize valued at $600 or greater, you must have a valid social security number or a valid U.S personal tax identification. Employees of Illuminate Lightshow and Santa's Village, affiliate companies, and their advertising or promotion agencies, their suppliers, those individuals involved in or associated with the production, design, printing, development, implementation, or handling of this Promotion, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, the above entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers and related companies, and all such entities’ officers and directors (“Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
2. Sponsor: The sole and exclusive Sponsor and Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Custom Creations Lightshow Inc. ("Illuminate Lightshow and Santa's Village")( "Sponsor"), 19520 Greenbriar Dr, Bristol, Va 24202.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on November 17, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2023 at 10:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor's cellular device is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion. The drawing for the Sweepstakes will occur after December 31, 2023 10 p.m. Eastern Time.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period indicated in Section 3, visit Illuminate Lightshow and obtain an entry form, at the ticket booth, by purchasing admission to the lightshow. The entry form should be legibly and completely filled out and dropped in the entries container located inside Santa's Village. Only one (1) entry per paid admission (including online sales), per vehicle. Complimentary admission by Veterans, Police, EMS, and Fire November 17th-19th, 2023 will qualify for entry into the Sweepstakes. The entry form will require you to provide your first and last name, contact phone number, and email address of an eligible entrant indicated in Section 1 and throughout the Official Rules, which must be a valid email address. Admission tickets ("Free Tickets") obtained from any of the excluded parties defined in Section 1 and throughout the Official Rules, obtained directly or indirectly, do NOT qualify for an entry in the Sweepstakes. AMOE: Alternately, during the Promotion Period, eligible entrants can enter the sweepstakes by email with no purchase necessary at email@example.com with Subject Line: Sweepstakes and the message ONLY including Your First and Last Name, Contact Phone Number, and Valid Email Address. Only (1) email entry per address, per eligible entrant will be accepted and the Sponsor (or designee) reserves the right to disqualify any multiple email entries (spamming) to the Sweepstakes. Only (1) method of entry can be used per eligible entrant. Any potential registration that does not comply with the Official Rules as described may be subject to disqualification from the Promotion. Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for completing an entry process. All potential winners of the Sweepstakes are subject to verification, as decided upon by the Sponsor in its/their sole discretion, before any prize will be awarded. See Section 5 for more details related to potential winner verification. If Entrants use a web-enabled mobile device to participate, data rates may apply (Entrants should contact their service provider for data rates/plans).
Limit: Each Entrant may receive only one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period. Multiple Entrants may not share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to use multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, multiple email entries from the same email, or any other methods in an attempt to defraud the entry process or gain additional entries will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified from the entire Promotion. Use of any automated system or devices to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will all be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration into the Sweepstakes, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for the Promotion will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners will, at Sponsor’s option, be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event of disqualification, any prize that Entrant might have been otherwise entitled to will not be awarded to such Entrant.
5. Verification of Potential Winners/Sweepstakes: The Sponsor whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners for the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: For the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor (or designee) will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries, after December 31, 2023. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY THE SPONSOR , WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL SUCH ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE APPLICABLE POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND SUCH ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED FROM THE SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The Conditional Grand Prize winner will be notified by email or phone within five (5) business days of the drawing date. Each potential winner of a prize valued at or greater than $600.00 will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (“Release”), which must be received by the Sponsor within the time frame indicated in the notice or attempted notice sent to the applicable potential winner, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a prize is returned as undeliverable, the applicable potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event any potential Grand Prize winner and/or guests engage in behavior that, as determined by the Sponsor (or designee) in their absolute discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, dangerous, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or may cause harm, property damage or any other loss, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential Grand Prize winner and select an alternative winner. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential Grand Prize winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (or any party acting on its behalf) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and another potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from the remaining Alternative Grand Prize Winners. A Grand Prize winner that is later found ineligible or non-compliant will be immediately required to return and forfeit any prize awarded. On or about December 31st, 2023 the Sponsor (or designee) will randomly select one (1) Conditional Grand Prize Winner and two (2) Alternative Conditional Winners from among all valid Sweepstake entries. In the event that the Conditional Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will begin the verification process with an Alternative Grand Prize Winner to award the Sweepstakes Grand Prize. In the unlikely event the Conditional and Alternative Grand Prize winners are found to be ineligible entries in the Sweepstakes, additional potential Grand Prize winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries, singularly, until an eligible entrant is awarded the Grand Prize.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A New 2023 Jeep Compass Red Edition. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from winning the Grand Prize in the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the applicable prize winner. The Grand Prize is taxable income. The Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC (or other tax documents, if applicable) from Sponsor for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. The vehicle’s color, options, and accessories are to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The vehicle may have mileage and the Grand Prize winner agrees to accept any mileage on the vehicle. Sponsor is not responsible for any damages to the vehicle due to publically displaying or advertising the vehicle. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose, mechanical condition, and/or the paint and finish; the only representation/guarantee/warranty that may be provided, if any, are those of the manufacturer and/or dealer. Grand Prize winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to licensing and insurance requirements. The depiction of the vehicle in any advertising or promotional materials or physical display may not reflect the actual vehicle selected at the time of award. Grand Prize winner will only have the option of the selected vehicle. Grand Prize winner agrees to accept the Grand Prize "AS IS", "WHERE IS." Grand Prize winner must pick up and accept the vehicle at the location selected by the Sponsor. Sponsor will not be responsible for any out of pocket cost the Grand Prize winner may incur for lodging, travel, and/or any other expense to pick up and accept the vehicle. Grand Prize winner must pick up and accept the vehicle within 7 days of notification that the vehicle is ready. The Grand Prize winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the vehicle after taking possession of the vehicle. No more than (1) Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Odds of winning the Grand Prize equal one (1) divided by the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. You do not need to be present to win.
For All Prizes (Sweepstakes): The actual value of a prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. No cash equivalent will be awarded for any prize, and all prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receipt of a prize and/or its use.
TOTAL ARV OF PRIZE: $43,377.07.
Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes prize.
7. Release: For each winner, by receipt of a prize, such winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, each of the Released Party’s, its affiliates, and its agents’ use of each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
9. General Conditions: This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Sweepstakes entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, mutilated, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); typographical or other error contained in the Official Rules or other Promotion-related material; technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such Sweepstakes entries will be disqualified. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Notice of such action will be posted on the website. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and/or Entrant (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize if Sponsor determines or suspects that the individual and/or Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process) or attempting any of the foregoing. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and/or Entrant that Sponsor finds to be attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, including but not limited to ejection from the show. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By accepting a prize, each prize winner attests to their compliance with these Official Rules and, if applicable, by returning a completed Release, each prize winner further attests to the provisions stated therein.
10. Additional Terms/Limitations of Liability/Disclaimers: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if possible, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION AND/OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Entrants also agree to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules, or any Promotion materials. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics, or any circumstance outside of the control of the Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
11. Disputes: This Promotion shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S. and the state of Virginia. Any dispute, controversy, cause of action or claim arising out of, connected with or relating to (i) this Promotion; (ii) the awarding or redemption of the prizes; and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation (each a “Claim”), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any Claim will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants further agree that any Claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and, under no circumstances, will Entrants or participants be entitled to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Should any term of this section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
12. No Injunctive Relief: EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THEY SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE CREATIVE BRIEF OR THE PICTURE, OR ANY OTHER MOVIE, PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF ILLUMINATE LIGHTSHOW AND SANTA'S VILLAGE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES.
14. Non-Endorsement: The Promotion is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or associated with any social media entities, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and/or any others.
15. Winners’ List: The Grand Prize winner will be listed on our website at https://www.illuminatelightshow.com/sweepstakes-winners. The winners’ list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.